Advanced EOTRH syndrome in the upper and lower incisors. Periodontitis around teeth 309, 310
Rafał Pędziwiatr VS – EQUI-VET Veterinary Clinic – Stogniowice
Breed: Purebred Arabian
Age: 24 years
Health condition: medium, concomitant disease (PPID syndrome) – under treatment
- advanced EOTRH syndrome in the upper and lower incisors
- periodontitis around teeth 309, 310
1. Mandibula before the surgery.
2. Maxilla before the surgery.
Treatment consisted of the removal of all incisors and teeth 309, 310 with the periapical infection. FlexiOss®Vet hydroxyapatite material soaked with gentamicin was inserted into the empty alveoli, and in the case of the incisors, haemostatic sponges were additionally provided and sutured. Antibiotic therapy was local (gentamicin). The horse received flunixin for 3 days, followed by oral phenylbutazone twice daily for 7 days. PPID syndrome treatment using Pergoquin was continued during the stay.
3. Mandibula 3 months after the surgery.
4. Maxilla 3 months after the surgery.
- Veterinary orthopaedics
- Veterinary dentistry